Down the aisle - Audrey Chuks





Can we hold hands and go out on a walk
Can you tell me jokes; make me laugh while we talk
Let's make dreams and build memories
One to last long and live on for centuries

Let me fit my heart forever into your life's socket
And slide my hands slowly down into your pocket
Close your eyes while we make love
Our affections are true and story long

Let me love you for eternity
Your love for me drives away my insanity
Your voice and beauty be turning me mad
Leave for a second and I'll be missing you bad

Would it be too soon to ask your hand in marriage
Watch the streets while we ride in Cupid's carriage
Even the gods can tell this is real
So watch me as I make you my life's biggest deal

Can I call you my one and only
Would it be fair or would they say you're stolen
Let's go over to the moon
And make love while others gloom



Let me be the peace that calms your storm
Let me be your shape even when you feel deform
You're not perfect, but who says they are
Come with let's run, run to some place far

Who entered you into a beauty contest
Shut up and let my eyes do the test
Let's soar the waves and walk on water
For this is the story of our love told altogether

I'll go visit your parents and thank them
For raising such a rare gem
You're all my thoughts can ever think
And I miss you when I blink

Remembering you is easy I do it everyday
But missing you is an heartache that never goes away
I'm in the city of love but my heart's missing
For in thine arms it resides, forever abiding

Darling, why do you look so grey
'I'm just thinking' she'd say
I'll say bring your worries and I'll drive away your fears
So whisper your thoughts into my ears


- Audrey Chuks

Post a Comment

0 Comments