A tribute to a lost friend - Audrey Chuks




You're on your way to eternity
On the highway to a grave dug by infirmities
You've been dragged away by death
And I watched as you took your last breath

Please tell me I'm dreaming
For my inner soul, you left with; absconding
Tell me it's only a fragment of my imagination
Would I wake up to find you, or would it just be my reflection

Could I once again have the chance
To be with you and hold your hands
For what was once your deep soothing stare
Has become my life's worst nightmare



What would my world look like without you here
Death is void of emotions and has left me bare
Did you really have to go
And leave me in this world all alone

How you laughed at the slightest joke
And my anger would rekindle
But today I lay calm
Hoping you'd move at least your arm

For death has stolen our future together
But each tear I shed is a story from our past altogether
For our dreams have been snatched away
They've been left to rot and roam stray

Would you at least open your eyes or breathe
And save me from this seethe
Could I at least have you back
Why is this the enemy that we both can't attack

Your smile was the light in my gloom
Now it hunts me down seeking my doom
The memories we share have taken a turn
And to my every thoughts they burn



How I long to awaken to a reality
Where your death is a fantasy
For if the sky could feel my pain
Whilst it were yet winter it would rain


Who would pick me up when life throws me down
Who will I confide in when tribulations wears me it's gown
Do I have to roam this world with a fake smile
For the thought of your death has left me hostile

So when I'm not running from monsters under my bed
Or wrestling with the voices inside my head
Or dealing with demons that want me dead
I'll be lying still by your side, forever there



- Audrey Chuks

Post a Comment

0 Comments