Lost Without A Cause





He dived in unlocking the treasure meant for the chosen
With each thrust, a part of me was stolen
He had taken my pride just after stealing my heart
But I had no fear about this chosen path



Not once, not twice have I given myself
It was my priced jewel, but I couldn't care less
My heart was in the heart of a stranger
But it felt so right that I sensed no danger

He had eaten me up and had to his fill
Found his way into me and was well fulfilled
His desires had been met, his longings quenched
And now he couldn't care less just how much I felt

Days turned to weeks and each day his phone would ring
But there wasn't a response, no not a thing
I had given my all to make sure "we" don't fail
And my efforts did end up in vain
My heart couldn't get weaker as I saw my love fade
As I felt him stray further away by the day



In arms of another I saw my beloved
It was quite a distance, so I concluded I was wrong
"He would never do such, he loves me so much
He is not like others, he is a nonesuch"

But as I walked closer
The day dawned brighter
The sun rose higher
And my vision became clearer

Right in her arms
And just like we used to
Singing the very songs
We composed under the blue moon

I saw my "everything"
In the hands of another
Carefully fondling
The lips of stranger



It had got to be a lie
An horrendous nightmare
A meticulously crafted caper design
So no reason to fear

He couldn't be here
Not with this girl
There's got a big mistake somewhere

My heart was broken
It's pieces, grounded
Gone away with the wind
Never again to be seen

Tears flooded my eyes
Like a mighty ocean exceeding it's boundaries
Encapsulating more land than sea



But he said,
"You were exceedingly stubborn at first
One would think, you could never fall
Thank you for letting me have so much fun
I'm sorry to say but you and I are done"

My pride was lost without a cause
And I have been blessed with this "beautiful" curse
To bear for at least 9 months
The consequences of my actions

Written by:
King Davey
2/7/19


Post a Comment

1 Comments

  1. It's story is captivating, and well written poetically. The lessons therein are also a keeper.

    ReplyDelete