Consumed - King Davey




I looked into those eyes and got caught up
It was like the rapture, so sudden, with multitudes up top
I was dazed
Every part of my being saw ecstasy

Lost in those thick woods interwoven with every memory
Each drop of the leaf was a tear from the lid
The sweet scent of raw earth warped around like jewelry
And that gust of fresh air was like freedom had a kid

I saw the roaring lion sleep
And the dreadful snake yield
Fears had been drowned far in the deep
And boldness spread across the field



I saw the heart of the fire burn
It was the sight I always longed
Gathered around with cream and corn
We heard the tales as the moonlight burned

The scary stories of ancient tribes
The great destroyer and Hus ensuing crime
These tales sent shivers down my weakly spine
I wriggled my mind from it's confine

I climbed the mountains for better view
Call it an escape, it's left for you
I gazed upon the city lights
The beauty kept winning in spite my fight



I saw all of it, I didn't understand
Inside of this beauty is a past that's past
I came back to myself with me feet to the ground
Even those that glitter still bear on them scars

The treasure I explored was trash some years back
But the refiner's fire beat the devil out
Though it went through fire, gold  came and not black
With the stamp of value firmly embedded no doubt

Beauty is deceiving
Make up is a charade
The person within is the real thing
So work on that today

King Davey

Post a Comment

0 Comments