The William Castagnoli Chronicles

The William Castagnoli Chronicles


“Reputation is everything” is a phrase that was planted in my head and grafted to my heart as a child and it went on to shape my teenage and adult life. Reputation, image, the “family name” back it up with a few verses from The Proverbs and you have a Castagnoli family sermon. Reputation; is probably why I shouldn’t be writing this but if this is the height I need to go to finally get some attention around here, then I might as well take a shot at The “Mike Constanti Castagnoli” name.

So, A short run down of my family, we are your average suburban family (no foreshadowing intended) Father; Mike Constanti happens to bear a slightly different surname that is best explained by reading his autobiography (or alternatively listening to the same story 30 times a year!!) He’s in the Air force so there is sort of a military style order of cadence at home, then my mom, public school teacher and as follows disciplinarian, then my two elder brothers; Smith and David(who likes to be referred to as Davey for some reason) then my two younger brothers; Mike Jnr and Dominic. In my opinion, we are a pretty average family (though you’ll probably come to disagree with my opinions later on) Middle-class jobs excluding my Dad’s many businesses and investments, Average level academics excluding Davey’s Many best student awards and my occasional show-off sessions, Nothing too special excluding Smith’s computer sense and hacking, I and Davey’s poetry, songwriting, rapping, acting and the occasional comedy. 

But back to the main issue; Reputation,  I’ve always considered it a double-edged sword; on the one hand, it could give you a lot of benefits, consideration and ascribed authority (considering it is a good reputation) but on the other hand, it does place a weighing block on your life, a constant image that everyone expects you to completely fit into and surpass regardless of your personal interests, identity or differences with the other person, consuming person identity (Trust me it is horrible to be called Davey’s brother even up to 3 years after you enter the school, By your own classmates) plus a constant reminder about how different you are from someone else and how that is utterly disappointing. Fair enough, you have to take the good and the bad together and make something out of it; which is exactly what I’m doing, making a book out of it.

Instructions:

Click on the image below to download a copy of this book.
Extract the zipped file.
The password to the PDF can be found in the README.txt file provided.

The William Castagnoli Chronicles
Click image to download

Post a Comment

2 Comments