Did I Just Blink? - King Davey





Did I close my eyes in sleep
Or is this a dream of the night
Did I fall or was it that sip
But I can't be drunk, not while it's bright

It seems in disarray
These thoughts of mind
I try my best to put straight
What happened before my eyes

Men fly like the birds of the sky
I thought it only happened in Alice in the Wonderland
But now I have these to wonder at
What a land

A man riding on the clouds?
That defies all natural laws
Even a sleigh is needed by the Santa Claus

What then explains these
The flight of men with transformed faces?
Why they go up into the sky
As though a rocket was launched into space?

I sit here still confused
Perplexed by the situation
I can't help but say I'm amused
Cause this only happens in animations

But yet in reality It has come to be
I see a man crowned above the seas
I see the crowd rise up to him as though with wings
I see science silenced and wonders unleashed

Did I just blink?
Did I just sleep?
Is this a dream?
No, it just can't be

But wait, I can relate
This was written in a book
Although it was without a date
Or was it, I better take a look

Yes, now I know, it's the rapture
The gathering of the saints in the sky
Faster than the eye can capture
The time where holy men fly

I thought it were a joke
A religious propanganda
And an unnecessary yoke
To keep people under a man's agenda

But alas, every bit of it
Is as true as the food we eat
Why then didn't I believe?
Oh now I feel aggrieve

For indeed the flower withers
And the grass of the field dither
But the Word of the LORD abides forever

#King_Davey™
August 24, 2018

Post a Comment

2 Comments

  1. Wow just wow
    the works here are amazing💥

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks a lot. We appreciate. Comments like this helps us know we're not wasting our time. We're indeed grateful. Please do well to invite others to read. Thanks.

      Delete