Sinking - David Etiosa





Trapped in my mind
Still beating myself up
Everyone's just hovering around
Telling me not to give up

They don't get it
They don't understand
They think it's nothing
But a "fand"

If only they could see inside
If only they could sense my pain
Maybe then, they'll understand
Why I look at myself with "disdain"



I gave my time
Forfeiting my "glee"
If only they'd realize
I gave all of me

Holding nothing back
Not caring the cost
If only I'd known
That, I'd soon be lost

I was in too deep
There's was no turning back
I just wished I could blink
And I'd know no more lack

Silly me
What was I thinking
That I could really do it?
Well certainly not "sleazing"

(*sniffles) There's no hope for me
It's over now
My end is near
I think I need some "gow"

Maybe it'll keep me from sinking in
And make me high
(*sobs) who am I kidding
I can feel it, it's nigh

There's nothing else to do
About this situation
Or is there
Gosh I'm lost in a delusion

Right now
A rope around my neck would be nice
It's sure gonna put me out of my misery
Cuz I feel like I'm gonna "lyse"



I've got nothing to lose
Cuz I've lost everything
Cuz I had people
Who said, "they'd be there through thick and thin"

Liars they are!
They should just hit me with a brick
Cuz being six feet deep
Would certainly do the trick

I guess this is what happens
When you trust the wrong people
They'll mess you up
And send your life spiraling into trouble

But it's all good though
I'm gonna leave this place quicker
Don't try reaching out
Cuz you're gonna drown with me.


written by David Etiosa


Post a Comment

0 Comments