2K Ate in - King Davey




I woke up rather early
But then it was JANUARY
The talks of the new year
Were all around the air

I took a walk than the alley
Only to meet FEBRUARY
How are you here?
We just said "Happy New year"

In my confusion I ran away
Cause I was speechless and had nothing to say
Still in my head I was trying to match
Only for him to stop me, "Hi, I'm MARCH"

This is rather bemusing
Has time started running
The first quarter gone like a shocker
How come time is moving faster

Still in my dilemma
As I sat to flip flop the enigma
I heard the shouts of appraisal
Announcing the arrival of APRIL

"Alas! I'm done, that's all for the day
What more am I expected to say
Soon, I'll be hearing, it's time for MAY"
I wasn't far from the truth, as May came my way

But this speed is alarming
Have you not deduced
When were we just shouting
That now we're in JUNE

Half the year had passed by
I had barely said hi
Nothing yet accomplished
I was still astonished

I told a friend of my plight
And he reasoned I was right
The running pace of this year
Might leave us with a muscle tear

He then said I should work with time
Not fold my hands and watch it die
Cause already we're in JULY
The end might just be nearby

I took his word and stayed awake
I got to work at whatever cost
My hands were strong, they would not shake
So I smiled when I saw AUGUST

SEPTEMBER came, it was all joy
Time seemed to love me now
I played with her like a young boy
My face didn't know a frown

It wasn't long OCTOBER came
Running like my teacher's cane
I calmed him down and quenched his flames
And it helped ease the pain

NOVEMBER smiled just like my brother
His face shone like gold
It was a feeling like no other
And it's best left untold

To crown it all came DECEMBER
A sure one to remember
The celebration was without stop
The experience was over the top

But my joy only came when I looked back
And saw how much progress I made
I had worked with time and stayed on track
And the joy is really no charade


written by King Davey™

Post a Comment

0 Comments