Its all wrong - King Davey





I remember a time when my people smiled
For life was a joy, an living was fun
I remember when I didn't have to walk the miles
Cause food was surplus, I didn't need a gun

I used to be a man of my words
Honey was as sweet as my tongue
I used to eat and have enough
Life was not this hard, no, it was not tough

But the life of today is just so much pain
That even my bedroom is no longer safe
The tears of my eyes could compete with the rain
A little more and it may win first place



Morality has lost its value
The right connection and you're front of the queue
The labor of one's hands yields no more profit
One begins to wonder what's the use of it

Yet we try daily hoping for saviour
Only to get an even worse tormentor
Yet you ask me if I'd vote today
No tell me what happened when I did yesterday

Hope is fast dying
But even faster is children
Whose leaders are smiling
In a country that's rotting

They boast of amenities that barely go round
They execute projects that cannot be found
They've scammed us and tricked us and left us to drown
Caused we've clowned the king and crowned the clown

written by King Davey

Post a Comment

0 Comments